The design of the new Bourke Love website is clean, simple, easy to read and fresh, reflecting the Bourke Love brand - professional and straight-talking local lawyers.
Once again our clients, local compensation lawyers Bourke Love have reinforced their brand with the launch of their new website.
Keeping with their pride of being local, the website was a collaboration of local suppliers, from the web designer Mark Carpenter at Thirty Point Four, to the staff photography by Ben Lynch of Lismore business, Blue Tulip Imaging and logo design by Lennox Head graphic artist, Martin Chatterton.
The design of the new Bourke Love website is clean, simple, easy to read and fresh. It reflects the Bourke Love brand: professional, straight-talking, local lawyers.
The staff photos capture the casual, yet professional nature of the people at the firm (not to mention good looks), and are taken in Ballina locations: on the beach, at The Point Restaurant as well as The Gallery Cafe.
Their speech bubble logo represents Bourke Love’s message: they’ll tell you your chances of success, no blah, they’ll give it to you straight. The logo determined the blue, grey and white colour scheme for the rest of the website, to keep in theme with the branding but also allow for clean spaces and simplicity.
It has been fantastic seeing it all come together, from the content, to the photoshoot, to the final product. It’s a sleek and professional design, and a great website with loads of resources for existing and potential clients and reinforces that Bourke Love are the lawyers you need on your side.
If you’re building a website, it’s important to remember the following things:
1. Don’t clutter! The simpler things are, the easier it is for people to read.
2. Home Sweet Home: the home page should be striking, convey your messages clearly and show the site’s navigation. Remember that the rest of your webpages will carry the information.
3. Strike a pose: photographs must be professional and reflect your staff and business.
4. Don’t play hard to get: make sure your ‘Contact Us’ page (or even your contact details) is visible from the homepage – it’s a pet hate of Katie’s!
5. Reflect your business, your brand and who you are as a company. For example, a children’s party planning service shouldn’t have a website like this one. It’s important to keep your logo the consistent across everything and most importantly, make it easy for clickers: when they go to your website, they should know immediately what your business is about!
Have a look at Bourke Love Lawyer’s new website at http://www.bourkelove.com.au/ and watch out for their new TV commercial coming out in just over a month- we’re excited!